There is hardly anyone who does not want his home to be a stylish, comfortable and beautiful place to live in. Targeted at this, people seek the help of an interior designer, who, being a professional, will certainly do their best for the apartment become functional and stylistically complete. What is to be done when there is no money for the services of such a person? Certainly not to get upset or, to make matters worse, give up! Numerous experts believe that by following simple rules and guidelines, you can create a luxurious design of your house on your own:
- Carry out a detailed analysis of your necessities.
Until you have started scratching the wallpaper off the walls and dismantle the ceiling fixtures of the hanging lamps, grab a sheet of paper and a pen, sit comfortably and think about the things you will primarily need. Please, note down all the residents of the apartment: their gender, age, occupation, hobbies, and how much time each person spends in the apartment. Bachelor’s cave must certainly be different from the nest of a couple in love. All the residents of the house should eventually feel comfortable in it, so it makes sense to consider the wishes and preferences of each member of the family and only then the space can be divided into separate functional areas.
- Plan everything to the slightest details.
Planning must necessarily become the most important and the most responsibly attended stage of your work, because it is exactly the plan that the future design of the apartment and its successful outcome will depend on. Take your time to make the accurate measurements, write down the schematic arrangement of bearing walls and communications on a graphic plan. They can serve as serious obstacles on the way of your creative impulses. Draw a schematic plan of the apartment and mark all the work areas that you want to improve. If you plan to replace the doors, windows or add extra walls with arches, it is crucial to draw the details and think carefully. Trendy look and stylistic perfection will always remain important. Anyway, for the room to be functional it is necessary to take into account all the nuances: the number and the location of outlets, the installment of warm or normal floors, and lots of other sundries.
- Decide precisely on the style.
Do you already know exactly what your future apartment should look like? If not yet, then reschedule the redecoration works until all the separate elements are transformed into a beautiful picture in your head. Stick to the predetermined plan. If you live with small children or pets, it is worth considering washable wallpapers, and refuse from fragile decorative elements with small parts. Discuss these matters with the people you will live with. When you select the specific interior and design of the apartment, it will be the time to come up with the choice of materials and furniture. With a limited budget, it is all but impossible to build in noble baroque or Tiffany styles.
- Estimate the potential costs and manage the budget.
Think about how much money you can and want to spend on a new interior design of your apartment. This amount is where you make a start from. English classics is admired by many people, but it is based on the utilization of expensive high-quality furniture made of valuable wood. If money is not a problem, the lockers and tables can be made in accordance with the strict observance of all technological requirements, while a more cost-effective option is often represented by the manually restored old furniture and will take a lot of your free time. Besides, the implementation of your brilliant creative ideas without the help of experts will certainly distract you from everyday worries and work.
- Choose all the needed materials, furniture and decoration elements.
How to give the interior of your home a new life with minimal expenditures?
Contrary to popular belief, the interior design manifests itself not only in high-quality finishing of the walls or floors. If you approach this issue from a professional point of view, the design involves the construction of inner harmony and the manipulation of the available space. Ideally, the apartment decor reflects the inner world of its owner. It is thus important that the person feels be as comfortable as possible in this place. Sometimes quite a bit is necessary for a radical transformation:
- Try to understand what exactly you want! Nobody makes the design redecoration just for the sake of the redecoration without having certain options or ideas in mind. It is quite a different story when you know about the specific problem areas or want to get rid of certain items of furniture. You do not need a global redecoration. Replacing individual elements of the interior is in most cases enough and to spare.
- If you do not feel like making major changes but rather want to expand the room space, get rid of unnecessary things! You may not even guess how many unnecessary items are stored on the shelves of cabinets and in the numerous lockers. The prevailing majority of them simply litter the room. If discarding the old collection of toys or souvenirs from you travels is still hard, just hide them away. Small statuettes, photo frames and various baskets with artificial flowers definitely do not bear an important aesthetic role, but only collect dust. Without them, your house will look a lot tidier.
- Think about redevelopment. If the available space in your apartment is used inefficiently due to certain design features, it is high time you should think over moving some interior walls or even removing them for good. The one-bedroom apartments often combine the kitchen with a living room and are separated from each other by a bar or a plasterboard unit. This saves space for a separate bedroom. The practicality of combining a bathroom with WC has long been confirmed in practice, so it is worth thinking about the remake of such type.
- Highlight the working areas or rooms that are obviously needed. Have you ever thought about the fact that you almost do not spend time in particular areas of your apartment, while in others you spend a huge part of his life? Therefore, reasonably the active zones must be larger in size. The bedroom needs a large comfortable bed, a small wardrobe for storing bedding and pajamas, as well as bedside tables. All of these items will not take up too much space. A large kitchen is only necessary for those people who cook themselves. If you eat out or order ready-made meals from the restaurant, you do not need to allocate the whole room for a kitchen area. A small corner with a fridge and a microwave would be sufficient.
- Think of a "central" room. Modern designers are trying to make all the rooms in the decorated apartment interrelated, each of them has a specific role. To provide the required harmony there is always the main room, on which everyone's attention must be focused. Usually it is a living room. It should be spacious, functional and equipped with the so-called meaningful center, normally represented by a great fireplace or a dining group.
- Separate the functional zones with the help of the decorative elements. To divide the available space into functional areas, there is no need to clutter it with some bulky partitions. A bar, a luxurious aquarium with your favorite fish, a shelf for books and other things, as well as decorative screens cope with this task perfectly. Many of these items are quite inexpensive. However, the result of their installation in the right place is simply stunning.
- Ensure there is proper sensible lighting. If sunlight hardly comes into the room, it is advisable to equip it with the high quality and moderately rich natural light. The colour of light and its brightness should be in harmony with the interior. Otherwise, the lamps and chandeliers will seem superfluous or will not be able to cope with their direct task at all. If the room is large, equip it with the lighting that directs the light beam in a straight line from the top to the bottom of the room. For the bedrooms the lights reflecting off the ceiling are more suitable. They will create a soft subdued light with a hint of romance. To accentuate on a particular element of the interior, it is best to take advantage of spotlights.
- Choose the appropriate colour scheme. Do not forget that colour creates a visual representation of every room, and plays with our imagination. Warm shades will cater for your comfort but will cut down the special impression of the room. Conversely, cold colours can achieve the opposite effect. If the room is too flooded with variegated colorful elements, they can load it, steal the space and become a source of irritation.
- Use the rational storage system. What could be more practical than modern shelving and transformer-cabinets? These pieces of furniture not only unload the space of the room, but are also very easy to operate and extremely attractive. Try to make rational use of every available corner and it will fill your home with ease, freedom and will definitely freshen up the interior.
So many people, so many different interiors. We hope that these tips will help you to quickly and inexpensively make your home a trendy, stylish, beautiful and exclusive place for comfortable living.If you have serious intentions to redecorate your house with your own hands, you need to initially consider every tiniest detail. Before making any purchases, you must have an accurate and sensible plan, the available funds and the right attitude. It will not be easy. A careful preparation stage will prevent you from making the majority of mistakes. If such an exciting experience does not bring you any pleasure, but rather causes headaches or irritates you, leave this work to professionals.If you have serious intentions to redecorate your house with your own hands, you need to initially consider every tiniest detail. Before making any purchases, you must have an accurate and sensible plan, the available funds and the right attitude. It will not be easy. A careful preparation stage will prevent you from making the majority of mistakes. If such an exciting experience does not bring you any pleasure, but rather causes headaches or irritates you, leave this work to professionals.